Thursday, October 15, 2009

Perfectly Rainy Day

I gathered my fleece blanket around me, put on pajamas, and curled up in a big chair with a book and a good cup of tea. The rain fell in different tempos, different pitter-patters throughout the day. It was grey and blue outside, and there was no telling what time it was. Day passed into evening, and I periodically looked out from my window to see the deluge collect in promising puddles. I looked at you and you grinned ear to ear. We donned our rainboots and soaked ourselves silly. That night, we fell asleep with raindrops on our lips.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of why I love 100 words so much! It starts as an exercise in describing the day you've been in, finds beautiful ways of looking at things, finds a story-moment, and ends in such an amazing way. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and PS... check the last sentence for some accidental (I assume) repetition.

    ReplyDelete