Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hugging The World

She lay face down, arms and legs spread sticking straight out with her palms grasping the cloddy grass.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Hugging the world,” she said without looking up. “This body is shooting filaments through the soils and atmospheres. My wrists are bridges over the Nile and the Amazon and my fingers are intertwining with the roots of the Himalayas. My chest is curving, my toes are meeting somewhere on the other side of this great celestial sphere and though it may look like I’m here, I’m everywhere. Yes, I am extending, extending, surrounding, surrounding, and loving...”

4 comments:

  1. (totally kidding)


    I really like this. it's an awesome image and i feel like this often when I lie down at look at the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man it's sad that I didn't even think about hippyism when I wrote this...

    ReplyDelete