Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mouths

Mouths are cool because they eat stuff. Should I continue? I don’t know if it’s worth it. Okay.

But they’re really badass cute. Nothing can smile like a mouth. Nothing can act coy like a mouth. Nothing can bite its lip seductively quite like a mouth can.

Only mouths have lips.

And only lips use lip balm.

And lip balm is really cool. Lip balm makes lips soft and bouncy enough that tiny pixies could play and jiggle on them, skipping like pebbles across a slippery pond.

Zen mouths eat pebbles
But the pebbles are droplets
Of creatures that play

2 comments:

  1. haha well i'm not going to lie. i had low expectations going into it because of your first line, but bravo, you quaffed my first impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beginning reminds me of this brilliant book I have by Moira Kalman that starts with her saying things like, "Impossible to begin. There is too much out there to find a place to start. No. Begin."

    Also I really like the haiku at the end. That is great poetry and could easily stand on its own.

    ReplyDelete