Thursday, June 4, 2009

Europe, Your Sonorous Whistle

Europe, your sonorous whistle
Winds across the Atlantic to entice
The twigs and millipedes trundling around me.
Your twinkling mind
Exists in mine.
What dusty volumes have birthed your trench eyes?
And what slivered tongues adorn your coat
With whale’s teeth and comfortable tradition?
I have notions in between my mind
As if a journey to your hidden oracles
Would be a rain on my neck.
They must exist
Somewhere.
Soon, with trepid heart and falcon curiosity,
My ponderous footsteps will embrace your lines,
Searching for the weathered corners
Where knowledge unwinds.
I feel your existence, and your undying reverberations.

2 comments:

  1. the imagery is superb. comfortable tradition, rain on my neck, undying reverberations strike a chord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. "The twigs and millipedes trundling" and "as if a journey...would be a rain on my neck). Great imagery and flow.

    ReplyDelete