Friday, August 14, 2009

Ode To A Cup Of Tea

            Should I write an ode to the cup of tea steaming on my desk? A soliloquy for the things it represents and the ways I’m jealous of its existence? Or should I write that as it steams its level drops and the tea becomes more concentrated? Would that hurt its feelings, cheapen its outlook on life? How can I fit syllables to the chipped blue porcelain and tranquil liquid within? If it could write, what would it say? Has it ever dreamed or wondered at something or been angry or fallen in love?

            Maybe I’ll just enjoy sipping it instead.

1 comment:

  1. chris,i have really really enjoyed your 100 word thoughts, pictures, or stories. it's just enough to jump start my imagination or set a scene through which my mind can start to wander. This one, an ode to tea is one of my favorites so far! and i look forward to your next collection of 100 words- tomorrow and then again the next day!
    grace and peace~ jane

    ReplyDelete